The N Cookie AA: FAQ
"HOW'S THIS WORK?"
Y'all nominated many many cookies for us to consider. We narrowed the contenders down to six (6) flights of roughly twenty (20) each, alphabetized the list, then ran it through a randomizer.
From the first round, five (5) cookies will proceed from each flight to a semifinal of thirty (30).
From the semis, five (5) flights of six (6) each, one (1) cookie will proceed from each flight to a final of five (5).
From the final, one cookie to rule them all. (And cause vociferous objections in the comments.)
Behold: your final!
First-round voting concluded with much grumbling all around. Then the semis separated the wheat (biscuit) from the chaff.
Keckler and I have threatened repeatedly to get the N Cookie AA rolling, but every time we started to make a master list of all the cookies we might consider, we just got completely overwhelmed and defeated. The chocolate-chip section alone! Since the last time we seriously considered moving ahead with the N Cookie AA, Pepperidge Farm has added an entire dessert-cookie LINE to their already massive arsenal…and they just won't effin' stop with the Milanos! I think there's a vodka-tonic one now.
But: it's now or never. We will declare a top cookie even if it kills us. And from the looks of the Keebler website, it's probably going to, so: crumbituri te salutamos, eh what?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: nominate your favorite cookies right here in the comments thread. BUT WAIT. You should know a few things first.
- Please nominate COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE cookies. Not varieties, not recipes. Brands. So, "Walker's Shortbread," yes; just "shortbread" no. You're free to vent about that in the comments, but it is the only way we can see to prevent the list from algae-blooming into the tens of thousands of entries, and here's your semi-annual friendly reminder that we don't get paid for this, so: 1) we don't get paid for this, except in fun, and 2) national brands only please.
- I can think of a couple of exceptions — fortune cookies, for one — but they're rare. If you're not sure, ask, or nom it just in case-ies and we'll nix it later.
- Nominees should be universally understood as a cookie. If you can find a rum ball at your local grocery, that's great (…sincerely, it is; also please to provide a map), but cake-poppy hybrids are probably not going to get through.
- Do your best to read the whole comment thread before posting your nominees. It's fine to repeat/"nth" previous mentions, of course, but "I CAN'T BELIEVE NOBODY SAID THIN MINTS"…you see what I'm saying. Hee.
- Nominate as many cookies as you'd like, within reason (i.e., 15 is fine, but maybe not 50). You can always comment again if you go shopping later in the day and realize you forgot Stella d'Oro Breakfast Treats or something.
- This is neither exact nor science. The actual voting/selection will probably work a lot like Cinemarch Madness did — all bajillion nominees randomized, followed by "flights" of voting, and if all the Milani end up in one draw, so be it — but we won't know until we have a better grasp of the nominees, and…
- …as of this writing, the nominations will close on June 2.
We welcome your comments, questions, suggestions, offers of help writing the match-ups so we aren't all sifting (so to speak) through these cookies until the CHELSEA Clinton presidency, etc. Tell a friend, foe, or snacky child, and let's get listing!
Tags: Chelsea Clinton food Keckler N Cookie AA