The NC Double Shot: Final Pour
5 Cape Cod vs. 1 Gin and Tonic. What will it come down to in this vote? Can the Cape Cod, reminiscent of summer but still perfect for a night at the club, best the narrower seasonal focus of the G 'n' T, whose nearly exclusive province is sunset in July? Does it matter that the CC lets you feel almost healthful, what with the UTI-fighting cranberry and the Vitamin C in the lime? Will fans of Cape Cod the place get behind Cape Cod the drink?
Doesn't matter. This one's about which clear booze you hate less, vodka or gin. I don't hate either, but my sometimes fraught relationship with Russia's finest means I've got to vote Gin and Tonic. Alas, I sense from the comments that I'll be in the minority. The pride of North Eastham wins this round. — Sarah D. Bunting
5 Cape Cod vs. 1 Gin and Tonic
- Gin and Tonic (51%, 451 Votes)
- Cape Cod (49%, 437 Votes)
Total Voters: 888
10 Margarita vs. 2 Sangria. Seven things you should know about these two cocktails:
- One is Mexican and one is Spanish.
- Don't assume that because Spanish is spoken in both places that you can simply swap a tequila-based cocktail for a wine-based punch. That's like going to a Paris bistro and ordering poutine.
- Not only are Mexico and Spain two different countries, but they are also on two different continents! Wild, I know.
- It is not generally recommended to order a Margarita at a tapas restaurant, and then proceed to get shirty when the bartender tries to politely tell you they don't make them there.
- If you find a worm in your Margarita, you will most likely become possessed and then vomit the worm back up, only to realize it wasn't a worm but actually the creepy pastor stalking your family who won't stop singing stupid hymns. If you find worm in your Sangria, you should send it back.
- Red wine hangovers are pretty lousy, but tequila ones are worse.
- No one wrote a song called "Sangriaville," so I'm calling this for Margarita. — Keckler
10 Margarita vs. 2 Sangria
- Margarita (61%, 528 Votes)
- Sangria (39%, 340 Votes)
Total Voters: 868
Tags: Keckler shut up Jimmy Buffett the food/poo Venn diagram The NC Double Shot