Red Ops: The Tomato Nation / Donors Choose Spring 2012 Contest
10 cities. 2 weeks. 1 mighty Nation. Wheels up May 21.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: knock out a bunch of projects in 10 different high-need cities, one city for each weekday of the contest.
Before we get started, I need two things:
1) Prize ideas and donations, if any of you would like to contribute in that way — portable/electronic prizes like gift cards and coupons work best, but other whimsy is also welcome (email bunting at tomatonation dot com to discuss).
2) For you to decide which communities we'll help! A poll appears below with the choices; you can select three, or write in a city or area that's not on the list. Most of the selections come from the DonorsChoose.org breakdown of the highest-need areas, but others have suffered a natural disaster within the last year, and still others consistently rank among the country's poorest school districts. Again, if there's an area in need that you don't see here, please note it in the comments.
Watch this space for updates, and strap your awesome on.
Which communities would you most like to help? Pick three (3).
- Detroit, MI (19%, 184 Votes)
- Joplin, MO (13%, 130 Votes)
- ND (all) (8%, 82 Votes)
- Buffalo, NY (7%, 69 Votes)
- Albuquerque, NM (7%, 67 Votes)
- Northridge/Dayton, OH (7%, 66 Votes)
- Camden, NJ (6%, 61 Votes)
- SD (all) (6%, 60 Votes)
- Columbia, SC (5%, 53 Votes)
- Brownsville, TX (5%, 47 Votes)
- Jonesboro, AR (4%, 43 Votes)
- Henryville, IN (4%, 40 Votes)
- Louisa, VA (4%, 35 Votes)
- Paterson, NJ (4%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 344
Tags: Donors Choose Red Ops