Update: 10/2, 5:30 PM
1. Go read all the nice comments from participating teachers here — I don't know who tipped them, but it's nice to have them here. Welcome, guys! Thanks for everything you do.
2. Readers: thanks for everything YOU do. As of this writing, $20,899. So: almost twenty-one thousand dollars. In…two days. Less than, really. We who are about to cry salute you. [ETA: You just passed 21K. If this Challenge is a large set of steps, you are Rocky Balboa.]
3. Everyone who contributed to the Paul Newman mini-prize effort, thank you so much! I'll start contacting you this evening, so watch your inboxes.
3b. Everyone else: OH SO YOU HATE POPCORN AND KIDS NOW THAT'S JUST GREAT. Just kidding; you're also awesome.
3c. Next mini-prize challenge coming up.
4. Check the prize page, at the top to the right; new stuff goes on the list every couple of hours. Lots of loot, lots of love.
5. [hic] I love you guysszzhhh!