Cinemarch Madness: Mathias Division Poll
Brutal draw; the only thing I can rule out is Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, because I think it's a bit lightweight, but that's just me.
My votes? Precious and Capturing the Friedmans get honorable mentions, but in the end, it's the merciless A Film Unfinished; Leaving Las Vegas and her dreadful cab ride; and the claustrophobic The Parallax View, probably the most unsettling and depressing thriller I've seen.
LLV may get into the semis, but I don't think enough people have seen my other two to push them forward; it's likely Dancer in the Dark and Melancholia rounding out the top three, with Bent a solid contender as well. Still: if you take nothing else from Cinemarch Madness, put The Parallax View on your wish list. Pakula's a ninja.
Mathias Division: Vote for the THREE (3) harshest films.
- Leaving Las Vegas (18%, 107 Votes)
- Precious (17%, 97 Votes)
- Dancer in the Dark (16%, 94 Votes)
- Capturing the Friedmans (8%, 47 Votes)
- Gorillas in the Mist (8%, 46 Votes)
- Melancholia (8%, 45 Votes)
- Bent (5%, 28 Votes)
- Snow Falling on Cedars (4%, 26 Votes)
- The Parallax View (3%, 19 Votes)
- A Place in the Sun (3%, 16 Votes)
- Lilya 4ever (2%, 14 Votes)
- A Film Unfinished (2%, 12 Votes)
- Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (2%, 12 Votes)
- M (2%, 11 Votes)
- In the Mood for Love (1%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 229
Tags: A Film Unfinished Alan J. Pakula Bent Cinemarch Madness Dancer in the Dark Leaving Las Vegas Melancholia movies Precious Sean Mathias The Parallax View Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken