The Vine: December 12, 2012
I've got a "please help me find this song" request to put out there. My hard-to-buy-for boyfriend has heard a song in the yoga class we've been taking, and I'd like to get him a copy of it. Possibly an entire CD of the artist's music if there's one available. I don't have much to go on though, and have come up empty with all the search queries I've put together.
The instructor of our class has it on her iPod, but it has no info attached and it comes up as "Unknown." She told us she got it from a past instructor she is no longer in contact with, and she has no idea what it is or where it originally came from. This is all I have to go on:
- It's sung, not chanted.
- It's primarily a male vocalist, with a female voice occasionally coming in on back-up and to echo the chorus after the male sings it.
- It's on the instructor's playlist after a song by Krishna Das, and I'm quite certain it's not him singing this song. His voice is lower and more gravelly than this vocalist.
- It's relatively uptempo, but not frantic.
- It has a light-hearted, mellow tone to it.
- The only words I can pick out in the repeated chorus (spelled phonetically, since I don't know exactly what I'm hearing) are: sa-te-yah mu-dre
I'm hoping that if this isn't enough to unearth a song title and/or artist, maybe someone will at least be able to help me with the spelling of the couple words I've sounded out. I'll take any help I can get!
Too busy trying not to fall out of downward dog to listen closely to the background music
Please help! I'm looking for a specific Lemon Cookie recipe. The one I need is at least 40 years old — prolly a lot older, and involves curdling your milk before adding it to the batter by mixing it with lemon juice. The cookies produced by this recipe are almost spongy in texture, but the dough is thin enough to spread, and the edges are quite thin and crispy. These are drop cookies, topped with a sour lemon glaze. And delicious.
I have looked at countless websites, and trolled all my cookbooks. I cannot find it anywhere. My mom used to make these once or twice a year as a special treat, and since her baking is where she really shines when it comes to feeding people, they were like a sweet and sour gift from the gods.
I want to make these for my mom for Christmas (failing that, her birthday is in late January, and I could give them to her then) — she's lost her original, and it would mean a lot to me to be able to make them for her.
Thanks a batch!
Tags: Ask The Readers hellooooo cookies popcult