The N Cookie AA: Round 1, Flight 2
Okay, this is not the time to get into the chewy/soft-baked debate. NOT THE TIME.
(Not sure what's going on here? Check out the N Cookie AA FAQ.)
Fig Newtons? Ramona Quimby said they were filled with worms and even though I was old enough to know better then and today, I still don't disagree.
Oreos original? They're fighting it out with Double Stufs in the finals, so we can move along.
Mint Milanos? Remind me of a horrible ex, so moving along.
Keebler Fudge Sticks were another opportunity for amateur cookie dissection and I adore them and I don't know what I've been doing the last 20 years of my life not eating them.
Mallomars. So, I freaking LOVE these cookies. I don't know if they are better or worse or the lovely same as Pinwheels but I don't care. I have time to compare and they SHOULD move through because they are chocolate and cookie and marshmallow that has been fluffed more than a porn star. Eat them eat them now.
If you haven't had Trader Joe's Peppermint Joe Joe's with ACTUAL CANDY CANES CRUSHED INTO THE FILLING? You haven't ever eaten a cookie in your life. Shh. Just — SHHHT! No, NO, shut up, because you haven't. (Dr. Mathra would feel the same about the dark-chocolate-covered peppermint Joe Joe's but between you and me, I think the couverture is overkill.)
Those are my feelings. My predictions are: Oreos, Oreo Double Stufs, Mint Milanos of a horrible ex, Fig Newtons, and Chips Ahoy chewy. — Stephanie V.W. Lucianovic
Wow, randomizer. I hate you. This is a nightmare.
…Well, not for my own voting, because I can eliminate most of these out of hand: I've never tried any Trader Joe's cookies, I hate raisins, and while I'll sample the occasional stunt Oreo for Revolting Snacks, they're not something we have in the house on the reg. I'd have to go Frosted Animal; Nabisco Ginger Snaps AND Newman's Own Ginger Os; Tim Tams; and the humble chewy Chips Ahoy, just because Dirk loves them and we always have a tray around the house.
As for what gets through, I have no damn idea, but I think we can probably wave original Oreos and one of these TJ's through based on the fervor of the nomination round, along with Mallomars (probably only here on a technicality, but extremely popular) and Fig Newtons. But what's the fifth? Mint Milanos? Maybe. Fudge Sticks? Maybe. My prediction: Double Stuf, or good old reliable (if crappy) Chips Ahoy. — Sarah D. Bunting
Vote for your FIVE (5) favorite cookies!
- Oreos, original (61%, 403 Votes)
- Graham crackers (43%, 285 Votes)
- Oreos, Double Stuf (40%, 268 Votes)
- Chips Ahoy, chewy (38%, 252 Votes)
- Fig Newtons (37%, 247 Votes)
- Pepperidge Farm Mint Milanos (36%, 241 Votes)
- Mallomars (28%, 188 Votes)
- Keebler Fudge Sticks (27%, 181 Votes)
- Trader Joe's Peppermint Joe Joe's Sandwich (26%, 170 Votes)
- Nabisco Ginger Snaps (23%, 151 Votes)
- Keebler Frosted Animal Cookies (23%, 150 Votes)
- Tim Tams, chocolate (19%, 127 Votes)
- Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peppermint Joe Joes (17%, 110 Votes)
- Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe (10%, 68 Votes)
- Newman's Own Ginger Os (9%, 62 Votes)
- President's Choice Butter First Oatmeal Cookies (5%, 34 Votes)
- Matt's Oatmeal Raisin (5%, 34 Votes)
- President's Choice Lemon Lucullans (5%, 30 Votes)
- Christie's Pirate Cookies, oatmeal peanut butter (3%, 21 Votes)
- Oreos, Uh-Ohs (2%, 16 Votes)
Total Voters: 665
Tags: Beverly Cleary Dr. Mathra food Keckler N Cookie AA